Thermoformers are a way of packaging that has the same result as a traysealer but in a complete different process.
Multivac R175 thermoformer
Click the bold words to find a photo with an example
- A base film gets pre-heated and shaped into the form of a mould. This can either be a soft flexible ‘tray’ where the film shapes around the product or a rigid tray being formed by a thicker plastic.
- The tray moves to an open area on the machine where production employees can place their product into the tray.
- Once the product has been placed into the tray it moves to the sealing station. Here the machine can pack it for the most common ways of traysealing
Click the link to see a photo of the result.
- Modified atmosphere packing (MAP) with a food-grade gas to maintain the products color and give this a longer shelf-life.
- SKIN-pack, A popular way of packing the products. The top film shrinks around the product for a very nice presentation.
- Once the packaging cycle has finished the trays that are still attached to each other are being automatically cut so the trays become seperate.
Not all machines are capable of doing all packaging kinds, contact us for your interest and we’ll offer you the perfect machine.